- "Burn me!"
- "Blood and bloody ashes!"
- "Sheepswallop and bloody buttered onions!"
- "First Rule: Never kiss with a girl whose brothers have knife scars."
- "One pretty woman means fun at the dance. Two pretty women mean trouble in the house. Three pretty women mean run for the hills."
- "Taking responsibility takes all the joy out of life, and drains a man to dust."
- "Always leave a way out, unless you really want to find out how hard a man can fight when he.s nothing to lose."
- "No wine for me. Strange enough things happen when my head is clear. I want to know the difference."
- "What's life like if you don't take a chance now and then?"
- "Luck is a horse to ride like any other."
- "Dovie'andi se tovya sagain", "Time to toss the dice." From The Fires of Heaven
- "Sa souvraya niende misain ye." Old Tongue,"I am lost in my own mind."
- "Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!" "For the honor of the Red Eagle! For the honor of the Rose of the Sun! The Rose of the Sun!" From The Eye of the World
- "Why not? She's my wife! Your bloody Daughter Of The Nine Moons is my wife" (To Egeanin, about Tuon)
- "Bad habits always pay off in the long run." From Fires of Heaven, and The Dragon Reborn
- "I'm no lord. I've more respect for myself than that."
- "I do read sometimes."
- "I read a book once."
- "I caught a badger. Want to let it go on the village green?"
- "Have a grand bloody day!"